Hauraki Pharmacy's Passion for Retailing Renewed!
• Hauraki Pharmacy: Independent owner-operator in the pharmacy sector
• No internal IT expertise.
• No support for business strategy development or merchandise management.
• No visibility on industry trends.
• RPM Retail goes live, one week from receipt of data.
• Shop re-merchandised with needs-driven categorisation using RPM Retail data. Stock levels, breadth of range and space allocations are all adjusted.
Results in the first year of using RPM Retail
• +3% Sales Growth against last year.
• 550 products removed from the business.
• Dead Stock reduced from 36% to 22%
• Gross Margin improved +2.0%.
• Value of the Average Sale increased by +7%.
“In this economic climate, we are thrilled with our retail results! Coming from a 20 year dispensing-only background, I was floundering with the retail side of the business. RPM Retail has given me the confidence to keep our prices in line with the benchmark average and make ruthless decisions about dead stock and slow moving categories. I had a tendency to always look on the bright side but now I have RPM Retail providing the good news and the bad.
Another interesting benefit of RPM Retail has been the staff response. One staff member who performed most of our data entry and who didn’t have much interest in spending time on the shop floor is now our top sales person with high average sale and a renewed passion for retailing.”
Anne-Marie Reidy, Owner / Manager, Hauraki Pharmacy