Office Products Depot Eats an Elephant!
• Office Products Depot: A dealer network of 37 independent owner operators in the stationery & office equipment sector.
• No visibility on product or category performance.
• Little understanding of the opportunities in each dealer’s business or business development resource.
• Limited information sharing with preferred supplier partners.
• Following a six week pilot, RPM Retail goes live, delivering out-of-the-box insights to stores, National Support Office and early supplier partners.
• Customisation enabling the analysis of promotions and preferred supplier sales. A revised category tree, enabling better category analysis was also implemented.
Results in the first year of using RPM Retail
• The average dealer improved their Gross Margin by $5,775 each month.
• The average dealer reduced their Dead Stock by $8,500 and total stock by $27,000.
• Customer count improved by 6%.
• Value of the Average Sale increased by 2%.
RPM Retail is the smartest tool I have seen for the effective performance management for multi-store operations. As a co-operative group, benchmarking has been a long dreamed of part of the Office Products Depot business plan.
RPM Retail gives us not only a benchmarking tool, but powerful, daily insights that incrementally move our group towards operational excellence. One insight generally covers the cost of the monthly subscription, and our members are astounded with how quickly they have been able to improve the six KPIs that RPM Retail covers.
Instead of being overwhelmed with the challenges of running their business, our members are excited by the easy solutions provided by RPM Retail on a daily basis. Regular, digestible, incremental steps towards excellence – that’s how you eat an elephant!
Dianne McAteer, C.E.O, Office Products Depot